The folks at the National Women’s Law Center’s “Not Up for Debate” campaign have put together a powerful short film pointing out what would happen if “conscience clauses” that allow pharmacists to refuse to dispense birth control and Plan B could be applied more broadly to any medications they deem immoral.
- “I love the fact that there are women out there who don’t have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids.”
- Mitt Romney’s roadmap for governing the country is so vague that it has even Republican allies questioning his intentions.
- Fierce Debate on Arizona Immigration Law on Eve of Supreme Court Hearing.
- Russia signed a deal with Kyrgyzstan on Tuesday agreeing the rent Russia will pay for using military facilities in that country.
- “The president should be a non-party figure…But the president is, after all, a consolidating figure for all the political forces in the country, for all its citizens. In connection with this, I believe it is correct to give up the leadership of United Russia after my May 7 inauguration,” Putin said.
- There was a distinct pattern of misleading phone calls during last May’s federal election that appears to have targeted supporters of parties other than the Conservatives.