• Romney Donor Says ‘Lower Income’ People ‘Don’t Understand What’s Going On’ – I don’t think the common person is getting it…my college kid, the baby sitters, the nails ladies — everybody who’s got the right to vote — they don’t understand what’s going on. I just think if you’re lower income — one, you’re not as educated, two, they don’t understand how it works, they don’t understand how the systems work, they don’t understand the impact.
• Republicans Try to Scare America into Supporting Romney by Claiming Obama’s from Outer Space – Since the whole birth certificate thing didn’t pan out, Republicans are trying a new approach. RNC chairman Reince Preibus is claiming that Obama doesn’t live on Earth.…This is definitely taking the othering of President Obama to a whole new galaxy.
• Republicans Need You to Forget There Was An Election in 2010.:
Republicans have been quick to lay ALL the blame at the feet of President Obama and his policies”. But 2008 wasn’t the last election we had in this country. 2010 was. Yet for some infuriating reason, I’m not hearing any (or very few) Democrats going on the airwaves and pointing out this one obvious fact: Republicans were swept into power in 2010, retaking control of the House and made gains in the Senate after promising “jobs, jobs, jobs”. Now, suddenly, 18 months later, we are to render the GOP-run House and obstructionists in the Senate blameless, and lay all fault at the feet of President Obama?
[mugsysrapsheet/Mugsy/09 Jul 2012]
• Mitt Romney ~ Stay Boring, my friends
• Romney and Ryan: Because the only thing that would excite the young peoples more than one smug lying merchant wanker with helmet hair is two of the fuckers sitting there, looking like an outtake from the Chuckles and Bozo Variety Hour.
• I was a right-wing child star – At 13, I gave a speech at CPAC. Four years later, I renounced conservatives — and they attacked me for it: Earlier this week, Politico released an interview in which I announced I wasn’t a conservative anymore — and the proverbial crap hit the fan. Since then, I have been treated by the political right with all the maturity of schoolyard bullies. The Daily Caller, for instance, wrote three articles about my shift, topping it off with an opinion piece in which they stated that I deserved criticism because I wear “thick-rimmed glasses” and I like Ludwig Wittgenstein. Why don’t they just call me “four-eyes”? These are not adults leveling serious criticism; these are scorned right-wingers showing all the maturity of a little boy. No wonder I fit in so well when I was 13. [salon/Jonathan Krohn/08 Jul 2012]
• Ignoring a federal judge’s injunction, Scranton, Pennsylvania moved ahead with its plan to reduce the pay of city workers to the federal minimum wage starting Friday.…Many of those workers are police officers, firefighters, and other public safety workers, industries that have been slammed by contractions in state and local budgets since the Great Recession. Congressional Republicans repeatedly blocked efforts to extend aid to the states that would have helped shore up their budgets and keep these workers on payroll.
• Wisconsin state senator pushes bill classifying single parenthood as child abuse